Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Alone

Two things I really must do alone:

Grieving

Housework

I'm learning that the grieving process begins before the person close to you dies.  It has begun for me, and I just want to be away from all humanity.  I'm not sure how this is going to work when all of the visitors, well-wishers and casserole bearers start to pour in.  I should cross that bridge when I come to it.  However, this whole suspense thing is challenging my plan-ahead nature.  Selfish perspective, I know.

If I got a huge span of time alone, I'd probably also get some housework done.  It's a mindful experience for me where I get completely engrossed in the reward of clean floors or white porcelain fixtures.  The constant interruptions in my house are just not appropriate conditions for my zen housecleaning experience.  Thus, it piles up.

1 Comments:

At April 7, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Stef said...

I get that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home