Friday, August 13, 2010

What does one do with a blog about a summer of rest and reflection once the summer is over?  The intent and theme at the beginning was to chronicle this particular time of growth in my life and all it's reflections and pontifications.  Another goal was to develop my voice as a writer.

So, the summer may be closing soon, but I'm more energized than ever about the writing part.  The comments and encouragement I've received have been a real boost.  It seems I have two options (stopping is not one of them).

Re-vamp this site for a renewed and refined purpose

or

Leave this one up and start another blog

Opinions, thoughts, suggestions??

A significant thing I have intentionally not focused on here is my battle with seasonal affective disorder.  I'm not sure if I want to go there in bloggywood or not.  My attention may wander off into a journal direction rather than the literary richness I want to develop.  I bring it up, though, because the title of my site is summerrest.  If I choose to re-vamp, this url would not change.  It would be a reminder to take the treasures of summer sun, rest and reflection into the cooler months.

3 Comments:

At August 13, 2010 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Helen said...

Or escape to where it's warm and sunny?

 
At August 13, 2010 at 10:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Revamp. Lots of bloggers have done the same. Will be curious to see what you come up with! :-)

Di

 
At August 13, 2010 at 12:47 PM , Blogger violet said...

Oh, the escape idea has certainly occurred to me! Have a warm cruise planned for early Spring.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home