Thursday, April 8, 2010

Passageways

I suppose most people are always in the midst of some life transition.  The days are gone when a large percentage of the work force spends their entire career in one place and earns the gold watch at the end.  Other morphing of family structure and phases of life passing from one to the other, these are commonplace.  I don't know why I think I'm so special.

Yet, the following things happening in the same season are rocking my world...

Career transition (sudden and impulsive, with associated doubts and apprehensions)
The waning life force of a stalwart mentor, safe haven and beloved grandmother
My youngest child beginning Kindergarten
Continuing to find a comfortable space in marrige, even after 14 years.  I think this is a constant adjustment for married people.

I feel like I'm going through a doorway.  What will the new room look like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home