Monday, June 13, 2011

The Summer of Poetry

After a long winter's nap, I'm back in the blogosphere.  Today is the first day of Summer vacation.  Summer is when I have some time and space to breathe, think and create.  It is a renewing and productive season for me.  The Summerrest blog is my venue to send my wares out into the Universe.  I like the opportunity to circle up with other writers (novice or expert) and kick ideas around.   I enjoy getting readers and comments, although I feel inferior to "real bloggers".

I've decided to focus my creative energies this Summer on poetry.  So, let's get started, shall we?  Here is a poem that conveys a sense of my life when the season is other than Summer.

Sponge


Just before the morning light
I squeeze and wad myself up tight
and plunge beneath the water line
to soak up all I can divine
water fill me through the day
dripping, dropping all the way
for the work of love, I must stay drenched
there are thirsty, lost in need of quench
they draw in close for smile and touch
the moisture that they need so much
carried in loose-knit fibers and holes
designed to offer, not to hold
soon I find me empty and light
and need to take a rest tonight
tomorrow I will start again
indulging in the depth within.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home